We live amongst some very interesting creatures, not all of them can hold the natural look when they know that someone is watching and most like to pose for that ‘say cheese’ moment whenever they see a camera in sight.
Street candid photography is the art of capturing the most natural memorable moments that can happen in a heartbeat!
To achieve that decent candid photograph without the subject realising or before the scene changes, means you have to be ready!
Working within a group, you will explore some of the busy streets in the City Centre with our street photographer and you will acquire the knowledge in how to capture street candid’s, by:
- understanding exposure and shutter speeds,
- understanding distance and focal length,
- understanding the reasons why you need to ‘shooting from the hip’,
- identifying and utilising the natural surroundings and everyday objects to enhance the overall shot,
- identifying the unguarded moments,
- managing the moment!
This course is suitable for:
- Those that have perhaps already attended our Beginners Photography Course and you want to progress your skill
- Those with some experience of photography and an understanding of how a camera works.
- Those that want to capture the activities of a city centre during the day.
Targeting: Those wanting to learn how to photograph street candids.
- Any camera and skill level, a DSLR is recommended but not essential.
- Aspects of this course take place outside; please ensure you wear suitable clothes for outdoor photography.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your course starts, so we can conduct registration and administration, there will be a briefing session before we will hit the streets of city centre. Please check your individual bookings for course meeting and ending places as both will vary on city centre locations.